The Toilet Board Coalition brings together some of the most forward-thinking organisations in the sanitation space: Firmenich, Kimberly-Clark, LIXIL Corporation and Unilever represent the business sector; Dr Val Curtis of the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine and Barbara Evans of the University of Leeds bring academic rigour to the table; and a number of development sector and governmental bodies bring their one-of-a-kind resources and specialist knowledge: Agence Française De Développement; the Asian Development Bank; the UK’s Department for International Development; Stone Family Foundation; WaterAid; Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP); Water Supply & Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC); the World Bank’s Water and Sanitation Programme; the World Toilet Organization; Water and Sanitation for Africa; and UNICEF.
- Urine Disposal? - Renovating a public urinal maintained and built by a slum settlement in India - by: AjitSeshadri April 25, 2019Dear Shanyatoni. For your initiative for remediation of 300px urine say 400lit.0.4 cbm. can proceed in suggested line as below: - Have a holding space- tank of say 4-5 days @ 2 kl 2000lit able to drain by gravity. Urinals and tank made on elevated ground. Process flow 1:100 gradient flow - Into next primary stage anarebobic admixed with cow dung, bio mass eu […]
- The Nano Membrane Toilet (Cranfield University, UK) - latest results and publications since 2016 - by: AParker April 24, 2019We've had a few publications from the Nano Mmebrane Toilet team recently but I think this one will be particularly interesting to the SuSanA audience: The Nano Membrane Toilet needs a waterless flush to reduce the amount oif loiquif that needs to be processed subsequhnekly. A prototype was tested in a semi-public, institutional setting and in selected p […]
- Internship at the GIZ sector programme Sustainable Sanitation and the SuSanA Secretariat (3 months) - by: secretariat April 24, 2019Dear SuSanA member, The GIZ sector programme Sustainable Sanitation is currently looking for a motivated intern to support the sector programme and the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA) Secretariat in Eschborn, Germany. Assignment period: 17/06/2019- 16/06/2019 Application deadline: 02/05/2019 Vacancy details and application submission: jobs.giz.de/in […]
- Links to Key Emergency WASH Websites, Online Guides and Other Resources - by: campbelldb April 24, 2019Dear Colleagues: Links to each of the resources below are posted on Sanitation Updates . We have set up a shared google doc of key Emergency WASH resources to monitor for new reports, studies, webinars, upcoming events, etc. Please review and let us know if you have additional resources that should be added. Emergency WASH Websites, Online Guides and Other R […]
- Announcing the Sanitation Economy Summit - Nov 19-21 in Pune India with the Toilet Board Coalition - by: knezovich April 24, 2019Join global business, investor and policy leaders who are building the MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR SANITATION ECONOMY More than toilets and pipes, future sanitation systems are being re-valued for abundant resources and data that have been virtually untapped. Water Security, Sustainable Agriculture, Renewable Energy, Smart Cities, Digital Health - the Sanitation Ec […]
- Urine Disposal? - Renovating a public urinal maintained and built by a slum settlement in India - by: AjitSeshadri April 25, 2019