|Live & Learn Environmental Education’s training manual for toilet location and design is now available in English and Bislama! This practical manual contains a training schedule, and step-by-step instructions for the range of issues that need to be considered when a person or family decides to improve their household toilet – including cost, management of solid waste, and potential natural and environmental hazards.|
This publication was supported by the Australian government, through the Civil Society WASH Program.
You can read or download Hazard and Environmental Considerations in Toilet Design resource here.
- Between the extremes of centralised and decentralised systems. What should be the most important criteria for grouping cities and connecting them to a common wastewater treatment plant? - by: sararamos March 7, 2021Dear Dean, thank you for your answer. In fact, some publications have showed that economies of scale apply for wastewater treatment plants. The higher the population served, the lower the cost investments per person. However you mentioned that it does not always works like this? Did I understand correctly? It would be useful for my research to further elabor […]
- Contribute to the new SuSanA Factsheet on Capacity Development - final commenting round open for one week! - by: depinder March 7, 2021Hi Elizabeth. The Factsheet is long but is still a Factsheet. Editing may be required to cut down the text( for sections where it is too long and generic that can be sourced from other places), without deleting any section since we have spent a lot of time debating and finalising. Since capacity development is a very generic term covering several fields. Ou […]
- Reply: Dimensioning a fixed dome biogas digester 4 a school - by: kellne March 6, 2021Hello, This is Christopher Kellner. I am building Biogas plants for schools and other institutions. I build digester sizes between 4 and 200 m3 digester volume. You can talk to me on Skype : kellnersambia or what´s app +255 78486245. Greetings from Tanzania, Christopher Kellner.
- Reply: A draft listing of WASH Training and Educational Events and Resources - by: Kisarenge March 6, 2021In kenya where are this training conducted or this organization is not on kenya coz I've been trying to find out so that I can be part of the training, thank you.
- The SuSanA Vision Document in Arabic is published anew! - by: secretariat March 5, 2021Dear members, One of our "SuSanA Vision Document" translations has been offline for a while due to some needed and pending Arabic translations. Here it is, out again and ready for viewing by the Arab speakers here! See the link here: Towards more sustainable sanitation solutions (in Arabic) - Resources • SuSanA What do you think of it? If you hav […]
- Between the extremes of centralised and decentralised systems. What should be the most important criteria for grouping cities and connecting them to a common wastewater treatment plant? - by: sararamos March 7, 2021