This conference brings together experts from different sectors – water/sanitation, agriculture, soil, energy and health – to share experiences in the new field of Terra Preta Sanitation (TPS). TPS is being promoted as integrated sustainable solution to address poor sanitation, food insecurity, and soil degradation. It is inspired by the discovery of the anthropogenic ancient soils in the Amazon called Terra Preta.
- COVID & WASH practical guides and resources - by: AlexanderWinkscha April 7, 2020Hi Sean, thanks for brining the SDC Guide to our attention! Just yesterday, the global WASH in Schools Network (UNICEF, GIZ, Save the Children, WATERAID; Emory, LSHTM, among others) has uploaded a knowledge map to the SuSanA library with links to relevant materials about COVID-19 for learners, their families and the education system. The map is intended for […]
- Risks surrounding COVID-19 may be exaggerated? - by: Elisabeth April 7, 2020Hi Jo (and all), In my role as moderator I have now changed the thread title to a more neutral: "Risks surrounding COVID-19 may be exaggerated" - which I think cannot be accused of "click baiting" (it can be changed further if needed to reflect the course that this discussion is taking). In my role as forum contributor: Anyone who has bee […]
- World Water Week 2020 is cancelled due to COVID-19 - Stockholm International Water Institute - by: fppirco April 7, 2020This world-leading conference on water is now cancelled due to the global spread of COVID-19 and the measures taken by national and local authorities to contain the spread of the disease. World Water Week was due to take place 23-28 August 2020 in Stockholm. More will be in below link www.siwi.org/latest/world-water-week-202...led-due-to-covid-19/ […]
- Sanitation entrepreneurs making business out of Faecal sludge - by: Mbirungi April 6, 2020An interesting article published by the Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council - WSSCC provides great insights into how feacal sludge is opening doors for business. According to the article, a new breed of Ugandan sanitation entrepreneurs is making a business out of emptying pit latrines in Kampala. Using hand-powered pumps known as gulpers, th […]
- Making rights real - by: CharlotteM April 6, 2020Dear Alana, Thank you for the post. I find the website very resourceful. A few things I may highlight about the site for anyone who may see this post and not delve into it immediately. Making Rights Real (MRR) is an approach that enables civil society organisations to engage local government officials on systemic challenges to the realisation of water and sa […]
- COVID & WASH practical guides and resources - by: AlexanderWinkscha April 7, 2020