These case studies provide practical information for implementing innovative WASH interventions, and brief discussions on challenges and lessons learned by the SNV Tanzania team and their partners in communities.
- Household Ecosan toilets in rural Ghana - an evaluation report - by: canaday January 25, 2021Dear Hajo, Linda, and everyone, According to the report, the local people seem to be accepting these UDDTs very well. I have worked extensively with local people, including indigenous tribes here in the Amazon, and they tend to be very practical persons who judge things based on their senses. Everyone starts out with concern about the concept, but when most […]
- CSE's fellowship based upcoming training on toilet design, faecal sludge management and water management in rural areas - by: ainulfirdatun January 24, 2021Dear Swati, Thanks for sharing this information! Regarding the online course, is the schedule flexible? how many hours do we need to commit per week? I hope you could provide us more details on that. Regards, Ainul
- A call for Women in Water Utilities to participate in a documentary for SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter! - by: Keitumetse January 23, 2021Dear Doreen, I will very much appreciate that. The world needs to hear all the amazing stories of these leaders in water utilities. Many thanks and regards, Keitumetse
- Household Ecosan toilets in rural Ghana - an evaluation report - by: Linda2019 January 22, 2021Dear Chris and Hajo - a massive thank you for sharing your thoughts and ideas in the discussion here. It is really helpful to see these different suggestions. We have also been blessed with direct email responses in the past few months from other SuSanA experts (in particular Dr Elisabeth von Muench and Dr Tore Knos). We also had a wonderful video call wit […]
- New Blog Series - Integrating Fecal Sludge & Solid Waste Management - by: Chaiwe January 21, 2021Dear Kimmee, It is a common problem that Solid waste is disposed of in sanitation facilities mostly by households lacking solid waste management options across the globe. Menstrual hygiene products and various domestic waste are the most prevalent solid waste present in pit latrines. This echoes the need for countries to enact laws and standards for sanitati […]
- Household Ecosan toilets in rural Ghana - an evaluation report - by: canaday January 25, 2021