These case studies provide practical information for implementing innovative WASH interventions, and brief discussions on challenges and lessons learned by the SNV Tanzania team and their partners in communities.
- Looking for case studies on sanitation and climate change - by: Petra January 21, 2020I am looking for good recent case studies (particularly from Africa and Asia) about sanitation or WASH programmes that are addressing/integrating climate change considerations. I am particularly interested in projects and programmes that go beyond looking at technology. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
- Plastic waste in pits – looking for data, studies, information on the amount of plastic waste in pit latrines - by: Hans Christian Dworak January 21, 2020Hi everybody, Elisabeth, it’s a good idea to link up with Alice to see if she found some other publications or if she maybe has collected her own data. Antoinette, thank you for the offer, I would really appreciate if you can put us in contact. Brian, thanks for your response. I totally agree, that the amount of (plastic) waste in pits will highly depend on […]
- Toilet Business Cluster is just being formed in Mongolia - by: oyunlt January 20, 2020Dear Chris, Thank you for your questions and comments. Please find my answers below: Q: Has anyone tried ArborLoos there? A: not yet. Q: How biodegradable are these "biodegradable plastic bags"? I suspect that microscopic plastic particles may remain. A: We buy the most biodegradable bag we can find from the closest market - China. So far, it has b […]
- Emerging issues of Sanitation Workers and Manual Scavengers - by: paresh January 20, 2020I also agree that we can get into all these issues without name-calling or targetting any specific chief minister. At the same time, I also believe that members of this forum will look at relevant issues and ignore the name-calling, targetting etc.
- Emerging issues of Sanitation Workers and Manual Scavengers - by: paresh January 20, 2020I agree that the video shared by Prof. Sheshadri was made with political intent, the background being the procurement of sewer cleaning trucks by Govt. of Delhi and a scheme for free emptying of OSS in Delhi's colonies as reported www.financialexpress.com/india-news/delh...ed-colonies/1765732/ But can we afford to neglect this heinous practice? Also in […]
- Looking for case studies on sanitation and climate change - by: Petra January 21, 2020