These case studies provide practical information for implementing innovative WASH interventions, and brief discussions on challenges and lessons learned by the SNV Tanzania team and their partners in communities.
- VermiComposting (digesters and filters) in Kigali, Rwanda - by: goeco April 1, 2020Hi Hajo, think of it like this... if you are adding 2cm of solids per day and the worms digest 1cm of solids from underneath per day, you are accumulating 1cm per day. It doesn't matter whether you have accumulated 10cm or 100 cm, apart from the weight factor. The worms will still only digest 1cm per day. But while the worms are breeding up they might […]
- We are getting a better editor for the forum soon: "What you see is what you get" (WYSIWYG) and other bug fixes - by: JKMakowka April 1, 2020Nice 🙃 Seems to work well on Firefox Mobile.
- Risks surrounding COVID-19 may be grossly over-exaggerated - by: joeturner April 1, 2020Soap chemically destroys the virus, but the WHO advice is to wash hands thoroughly in running water. It would therefore appear that washing hands in a shared bowl of water is not following the WHO recommendations. I am not a virologist but it seems like they are less worried about the persistence in water than on other surfaces.
- Risks surrounding COVID-19 may be grossly over-exaggerated - by: hoffma April 1, 2020Arno, sorry again, but your statements are too confusing for me. By the way, your rejection of the lock down is shared in Latin America by some of the "right wings" but also some of the "left wings" parties and presidents, but all countries are fare away from the conditions of the Swedish healthcare system. Maybe Cuba has the "best […]
- Combined sewer systems, flooding and COVID-19 - a wake up call - by: arno April 1, 2020Combined sewer systems (CSS) go back to the mid-1800s. And many of our older cities around the world still have these systems installed. They are particularly sensitive to periods of high precipitation and flooding. This is a very brief compendium from 15 minutes of Google searches that should wake up a sleeping world when it comes to this issue - the threat […]
- VermiComposting (digesters and filters) in Kigali, Rwanda - by: goeco April 1, 2020