These case studies provide practical information for implementing innovative WASH interventions, and brief discussions on challenges and lessons learned by the SNV Tanzania team and their partners in communities.
- Emergency WASH position with FSM focus in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh - by: relaxander October 23, 2019Dear emergency sanitation enthusiasts, My colleagues from British and Swedish Redcross are looking for a WASH delegate for their operation in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh. jobs.redcross.org.uk The role will support provision of adequate sanitation and solid waste management for refugee population in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh. The WASH Delegate will superv […]
- Re: [SuSanA Forum] What are the differences and similarities between the treatment of FS through the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) and FSTP? (Faecal sludge treatment technologies) - by: LucyStevens October 23, 2019I wanted to bring this very practical guide to your attention, as I think it might provide you with some of the answers you're looking for: It's called 'Faecal Sludge and Septage Treatment: A guide for low- and middle-income countries' - but Kevin Tayler. Kevin has a vast amount of experience of working in the contexts you describe over t […]
- New webinar on 11/13 -- Changing the Norm: Mainstreaming Female Friendly Toilets - by: maggieschmitt October 22, 2019Period Posse Presents | Changing the Norm: Mainstreaming Female Friendly Toilets When: Wednesday November 13, 2019 | 8am ET What: Access to safe, private toilet and washing facilities is a critical (and often overlooked) aspect of menstrual hygiene management. Even small modifications to toilets can help girls’ and women to address their needs more comfortab […]
- Menstrual hygiene taboos and their negative effects on women (examples from Nepal and elsewhere) - by: muench October 22, 2019I have come across this new publication by GIZ that is about menstrual hygiene taboos in Nepal (e.g. chhaupadi)* and the initiatives for improvement. If you have an interest in this thread you'll find this publication useful, I am sure: Evans, R., Broch Alvarez, V. (2019). Nepal´s Menstrual Movement - How "MenstruAction" is making life better […]
- Re: [SuSanA Forum] What are the differences and similarities between the treatment of FS through the Sewage Treatment Plant (STP) and FSTP? (Faecal sludge treatment technologies) - by: nasirsahar October 22, 2019Hi Dhwani Sheth, This is awesome to connect with you and thanks a lot for sharing the resource links of PAS. I am much more concerned about some practical aspects that most of local authorities question in order to find a response. By the way, these resources will help as well. Should you feel find convenient you may email me ( This email address is being pr […]
- Emergency WASH position with FSM focus in Cox's Bazar, Bangladesh - by: relaxander October 23, 2019