These case studies provide practical information for implementing innovative WASH interventions, and brief discussions on challenges and lessons learned by the SNV Tanzania team and their partners in communities.
- Composting toilets do not produce compost - true or false? And is "composting toilet" a misnomer? - by: muench June 26, 2019Hi Geoff and all, I've split this thread off and have given it a new title. I think the contributions above have shown that composting toilets produce stuff that might be "compost like" to varying degrees or might just be some sort of slurry. Would you agree that a Clivus Multrum is "allowed" to be called a composting toilet or are y […]
- Just for Info : UN Report on World wide ODF Status with relevance to Sanitation and SBM in India - by: AjitSeshadri June 26, 2019Dear SuSanA Members, Please accept well wishes for ourselves. I wish to bring to your notice notings from an UN status Report on India. It is appreciative to note that commendable service has been done, in the field of Sanitation nation wide in India. Pl find attached UN Status report detailing this informaion done on 3 types of studies as given below : 1. D […]
- Considering climate change in urban sanitation - by: seshadri June 26, 2019This is interesting. Without discounting the qualities and observations presented in this publication, I would like to submit the following. I expect more on how to do urban sanitation differently because of climate change. This is either missing or a copy paste of what is discussed elsewhere in the corners of the world. For example the "Water cycle, en […]
- Presentación: Oliver Saavedra- Universidad Privada Boliviana -Bolivia - by: OSAAVE June 26, 2019Buenas, Es un placer formar parte de la red Susana- Latinoamerica. Dirijo el Centro de Investigación en Ingeniería Civil y Ambiental (CIICA) de la UPB. www.upb.edu/es/ciica Dentro los temas de investigación del CIICA se cuenta con saneamiento básico. En el cual venimos trabajando con la Fundación AguaTuya en la evaluación de la eficiencia de PTARs en ciudade […]
- Puntos Focales de SuSanA Latinoamérica (in Spanish) - Focal Points of SuSanA Chapter for Latin America? - by: lourdesv June 25, 2019Estimado Raúl, para conocer las instituciones que son Puntos Focales en los diferentes países puedes entrar a este link: www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/regional...country-focal-points De todas maneras esperemos que se vayan presentando en el for en el transcurso de la semana. +++++++++ Translation by Google Translate: Dear Raúl, to know the institutions tha […]
- Composting toilets do not produce compost - true or false? And is "composting toilet" a misnomer? - by: muench June 26, 2019