- Chapters on menstrual hygiene management in humanitarian situations - by: campbelldb September 22, 2020Dear Colleagues: The Palgrave Handbook of Critical Menstruation Studies looks like an important resource on menstrual hygiene management and is open access. Below are links to the chapters on MHM in humanitarian situations and to some of the other chapters. The Palgrave Handbook of Critical Menstruation Studies . SpringerLink, 2020. Menstruation is having it […]
- New sanitation blog: Talking Crap - by: curiousdungbeetle September 21, 2020Hello Chaiwe, thank you! Glad to know it ca be useful and enjoyable. I would be also open to guest posts for people who want to talk about a specific topic! Best wishes CDB (not CBD !)
- New sanitation blog: Talking Crap - by: Chaiwe September 21, 2020Hello CBD, I had a look at the blog, it is a great start. I particularly liked the 'In her shoes' post. You mentioned that you are happily taking suggestions, mine is that I like the idea of a blog, it's a fun way of sharing information through someone's experiences without too much of a structured or formal language approach. Something […]
- USAID Water and Development Technical Series: Urban Sanitation Services - by: campbelldb September 21, 2020USAID Water and Development Technical Series: Urban Sanitation Services, September 2020 . This brief is part of USAID 's Water and Development Technical Series, which provides guidance on important topics for developing and implementing water and sanitation activities in support of the U.S. Government Global Water Strategy and USAID’s plan under the st […]
- Launch of the SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26/08/2020_ Presentations and YouTube recording available! - by: Keitumetse September 21, 2020Dear All, After a very successful launch of the SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter, please find the presentations and the YouTube recording of the entire launch as WSSCC, AMCOW, ANEW and the SuSanA Secretariat deliberates on the new Regional chapter. Exciting! So, if you missed the launch as it happened, do not worry. We have you covered! Please find the YouTub […]
- Chapters on menstrual hygiene management in humanitarian situations - by: campbelldb September 22, 2020
Tag Archives: SPLASH
SPLASH, the ERA-NET of the European Water Initiative will launch a research call on 1st March, 2010. The overall call budget will be approx. 1.7 Mio Euro. The call will be funded by the following donors:
- Austria Development Cooperation (ADC), Austria
- Department for International Development (DFID), United Kingdom
- Ministère des Affaires Étrangères et Européenes (MAEE), France
- Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (SIDA), Sweden
- Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC), Switzerland
In Sub-Saharan Africa, the rates of urbanization have generally exceeded the capacities of national and local governments to plan and manage sanitation systems in an efficient, equitable and sustainable way. Improving sanitation services to the urban poor is an urgent priority that will have major positive impacts on human health and dignity, economic productivity and the environment. Research is required to support these efforts.
The major objective of the SPLASH research call is to contribute to the understanding and implementation at scale of sustainable sanitation service chains in low-income urban areas in Sub-Saharan Africa.
More information – http://www.splash-era.net/sanitation-call/index.php