Sanitation experts at IRC have compiled the first version of a reference guide on low-cost sanitation for non-sewered service models, SanPack for short. Dr Christine Sijbesma and Joep Verhagen have collected materials that cover services for all stages of the sanitation life cycle, from preparation activities to the emptying, recycling and productive use of toilet contents. Per stage you can find a short intro text and links that lead you to relevant documents on a specific topic.
- THE NAKURU ACCORD: failing better in the WASH sector - by: CharlotteM February 18, 2020Dear Dani, Thank you for your post on the SuSanA forum. I hope am not too late to the party . Menstrual hygiene Management is very key and I am glad we are having this discussion. To drum up chatter on this topic, I will try and post the questions even as you post them on the other platforms. For the first three days (16th, 17th and 18th Feb) the questions h […]
- 29th SuSanA Meeting @ AfWA in Kampala, Uganda - February 2020 - by: secretariat February 18, 2020Hi all, the SuSanA meeting is around the corner. As always, we have an exciting mix of presentations, speakers from different thematic areas, launches and announcements in the meeting. As the interactive group discussions in the previous meeting were the participants' preferred sessions, we built this in again. Tere will be a group didscussion session f […]
- Ideas for a better icon for our 7th forum category on "Working groups and regional chapters"? - by: Hans Christian Dworak February 18, 2020Hi everyone! Elisabeth thank you for starting this topic. I just came up with a simple icon (please find it in the attachment below). Since the icons of the other forum categories are also made up of two or more graphics, I think it would fit into the scheme. The people look “gender neutral” and I think the world is a good symbol to reflect the geographical […]
- SuSanA provides space for discussions around Equity & Inclusion – which topics are important? - by: Keitumetse February 18, 2020Hi, I am for the hugging icon, it is not usually used.. It brings in an element of compassion which I believe we need while tackling challenges faced by all humans.
- History of vermifilter toilet and wikipedia article - by: saintie February 18, 2020Not forgetting Dean Cameron's Dowmus toilet which came out in the 1990's which morphed into the Biolytix system.
- THE NAKURU ACCORD: failing better in the WASH sector - by: CharlotteM February 18, 2020