In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
- An inventory of WASH training events and resources - by: bttgcm October 14, 2019Dear Dan, thanks for sharing in my bookmarks I also have IHE www.un-ihe.org/open-courseware RedR UK www.redr.org.uk/ that runs some WASH courses IECAH wash in emergency (in spanish) iecah.org Regards, Giacomo
- MHM in emergencies questionnaire - by: WilliamE October 14, 2019Hi, I am a masters student at the Water Engineering Development Centre (WEDC). I am currently undertaking my thesis on the topic of the role of men in MHM interventions in emergencies (previously planned a project on FSM). As part of my research I am distributing a questionnaire to humanitarian fieldworkers (male or female) who have been involved in MHM inte […]
- Data for costs and build-out rates for conventional sewer systems - by: muench October 14, 2019And another publication that should help Gunilla and others with this question about costs of conventional sewers versus other sanitation systems: Daudey, L. (2018). The cost of urban sanitation solutions - a literature review. Journal of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene for Development, 08.2, doi: 10.2166/washdev.2017.058 www.susana.org/en/knowledge-hub/resour […]
- Re: Failures in Sanitation (a list by Improve International) - now also on Wikipedia - by: muench October 14, 2019With all these publications, conference events and other activities about "learning from failure" (see e.g. here: forum.susana.org/learning-from-failures/...water-currents-issue ) I am just wondering if anyone sees an opportunity to capture this knowledge in the existing Wikipedia article on "Failures of water supply and sanitation systems […]
- Launch of English Language SaniBID Software Manual for designing Condominial Sewers - by: gracebeeler October 14, 2019On Wednesday October 9, 2019 the SaniBID RedBasica software Quick Guide was released in English during a side event on sanitation systems as part of the UNC Water and Health conference, sponsored by the UNC Water Institute in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. The discussions were organized in three thematic blocks. In the first block, engineer Sérgio Perez, senio […]
- An inventory of WASH training events and resources - by: bttgcm October 14, 2019