In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
- Toilet Talks for World Toilet Day - by: MarcusErridge October 19, 2019Dear colleagues, If you would like to say something about your work - a new innovation, the results of a study, or perhaps the outcome of a project - or have a message relating to the theme of World Toilet Day 2019 you would like to share, then please consider recording a short Toilet Talk. We are hoping to add a wide range of different voices (in the form o […]
- Sanitation levy to improve onsite sanitation in informal settlements - by: paresh October 18, 2019Hi My understanding of Africa and how things work in communities is limited and kindly ignore if you find this irrelevant. Compared to tenants, landlords have a long term stake in keeping the community clean and sanitary and therefore makes more sense to encourage them to pay for it. They can offcourse get back part of it through a little addition to rents. […]
- Interest in WASH in HCF Research & Evidence? (Session outcome from UNC Water & Health Conference, October 7-11) - by: secretariat October 18, 2019This might be interesting for SuSanA Working Group 7 (Sustainable WASH in Institutions and Gender Equality) members. Copied from the WHO and UNICEF WASH in health care facilities - October Updates. UNC and Emory University hosted a session to discuss the state of evidence on WASH in HCF and see what research has taken place since an earlier research meeting […]
- Working Group 12 meets in Stockholm @ World Water Week 2019 - by: Jona October 17, 2019Hi WASH-Nutrition colleagues, Thanks for your participation (offline and online) in the SuSanA WG12 meeting during the Stockholm World Water Week. I want to share with you in brief the results of the meeting. Here we go: Highlights of the session “A WASH-Nutrition Reality Check: Perspectives and a Pakistan Case” will be uploaded on the SIWI website here The […]
- Sanitation levy to improve onsite sanitation in informal settlements - by: blevira October 17, 2019Dear Elisabeth Thank you for the recommendation. It has been so helpful. Yes, the local government has power in these settlements for other issues but when it comes to sanitation, they kind of being reluctant. Law enforcement regarding sanitation is not that much implemented especially to these areas. Currently, the households receive sanitation services fro […]
- Toilet Talks for World Toilet Day - by: MarcusErridge October 19, 2019