In the 1940s, the Walt Disney Studios produced a series of educational films on sanitation and hygiene promotion for developing countries. The films, in the Health for the Americas series, were aimed at Latin America. They were commissioned by the now defunct Office of the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs (CIAA), which was later renamed Office of Inter-American Affairs (OIAA).
- Children as WASH and COVID-19 ambassadors and role models in schools, Kachele Trust School, Lusaka Zambia. - by: Kachele August 9, 2020Following the government directive to close all schools in light of the COVID-19 pandemic in March of this year and only allow classes for children in Examination classes to continue, Kachele Trust School opted to embark on a COVID-19 response project by school going children aged 11-12 as a way of giving children a voice in these challenging times. With sch […]
- Ethics in WASH research? - Enforcing Payment for Water and Sanitation Services in Nairobi's Slums - by: paresh August 9, 2020Dear All, I came across this NBER working paper through a twitter thread by @joshbudlender To me this RCT is unethical. The finding is not very new, I mean anybody would pay up if the threat of disconnecting water supply is real. Studying this as a natural experiment when the utility is performing the treatment as administrative action can be justified (st […]
- Webinar: Decentralised wastewater treatment and local reuse for city-wide sanitation and improved river health; 12th August 4-6pm IST - by: Mahreen August 9, 2020Centre for Science and Environment's (CSE) School of Water and Waste (Anil AgarwalEnvironment Training Institute) invites you to a webinar on decentralised wastewater treatment, its applications, experiences in the Global South and challenges for wider application. A designated Centre of Excellence in Sustainable Urban Water Management, CSE works closel […]
- Test your knowledge of urban sanitation! - by: Chaiwe August 8, 2020Hi Paul, I took the quiz, Scored really high, which is great!! Its a really nice fun way of testing one's sector knowledge. Thank you for sharing! Chaiwe
- Can Shit flow diagrams help analyse potential COVID-19 risks in cities ? - by: kvatsal95 August 8, 2020what should be our approach to use SFDs for tier-II cities
- Children as WASH and COVID-19 ambassadors and role models in schools, Kachele Trust School, Lusaka Zambia. - by: Kachele August 9, 2020