We are delighted to share with you details of the Regional WASH Innovation challenge which UNICEF recently launched in partnership with BRAC and ask your support in sharing the contacts and details throughout your sectors and networks.
This year the focus is on handwashing – looking for innovative ways to get Mothers and caregivers to wash their hands with soap at critical times.
HANDWASHING + SOAP = SAVED LIVES – If it’s simple in theory why is it so hard to practice?
This challenge is open to applicants from all countries in South Asia and there is a $5,000 prize for each of the three categories, full details and applications can be made through the following links and I have also included some specific details in the text below.
- Website: http://washinnovation.org/
- Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/WASHInnovation/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/WASHInnovation
The closing date is September 10, 2018 – so please join us on facebook, twitter and Instagram and visit our website. But most importantly help us spread the word about this important challenge so that we can solve the equation and save more lives through improved handwashing.
Regional WASH Innovation Challenge
Purpose and Problems to be addressed by the Challenge – The purpose of the Regional WASH Innovation Challenge will be to identify innovative solutions to promote handwashing with soap that can be implemented to scale in the South Asia region. The promotion will focus on:
- Improving education and awareness of handwashing with soap, identifying the benefits of using soap, understanding of proper handwashing techniques and critical times for handwashing; and
- Behaviour change, resulting in and sustaining the increase of good practice of handwashing with soap using proper techniques and at critical times;
- Health impact where the incidence of diarrhoeal diseases and respiratory infections is reduced, improving children’s health and mitigating the risk of preventable child deaths.