The Equality and Non-discrimination (EQND) and Community-led Total Sanitation (CLTS) Handbook provides practical guidance for ensuring that behaviour change interventions leave no one behind.
Drawing on experience from across the sector, this handbook is specifically targeted towards those implementing or supervising CLTS interventions at the community level. Key features include:
- A summary of EQND principles
- Step-by-step guidance on applying these principles during pre-triggering, triggering meetings, and post-triggering follow-up visits
- Annexes with practical tools, templates, and resources.
Two other documents of excellent reference include the Human Rights Principles and Terminology – Equality and Non-Discrimination: Supporting the Human Rights to Water and Sanitation (WSSCC, SNV and UTS) and Guidance and Tips for learning from people who may be most disadvantaged during the programme process (WSSCC) both collated by Sarah House.
As well, check out new resources published by the CLTS Knowledge Hub:
- Nine ideas for Gender Transformative WASH programming.
- Frontiers 10: Equality and non-discrimination (EQND) in sanitation programmes at scale (Part 1 of 2)
- Frontiers 13: Support mechanisms to strengthen equality and non-discrimination (EQND) in rural sanitation (Part 2 of 2).