Which issues will sanitation and hygiene practitioners focus on in Asia? This was the question posed to the more than 50 professionals attending the 3rd Asia Regional Sanitation and Hygiene Practitioners Workshop which ends today in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Based on the above “learning cloud”, sludge management appears to be a major concern.
- Story: Leading by example to set sanitation and hygiene standards at a Tanzanian village - by: FrancescaNava July 13, 2020Dear Colleagues, sharing nice story by Aidan Tarimoon on a 28-year-old woman who is leading by example to set sanitation and hygiene standards at a Tanzanian village. Huruma is the Village Executive Officer at the Tanzanian village of Msunjilile B in Kongwa District. Whenever the sun rises, Huruma sets out with one goal – serving her people with honour a […]
- Survey: prioritizing hazards linked with septic tank systems - by: Elisabeth July 13, 2020Hi Rick, I wish Emilie best of luck with her research and survey! The closing date was given as 10 July but luckily the survey is currently still open. I am a great supporter of MSc students, their work and surveys. For this reason, I was curious to see what Emilie's survey involved even though I am not an expert in septic tanks. So I clicked through t […]
- Deadline Extended! FINISH Mondial Sanitation Challenge Contest 2020 - by: Fadli July 13, 2020We are pleased to announce our esteemed panel of jurors includes: The top three applications will be rewarded as follows: The first prize is € 3000 and the opportunity to implement the solution in the field in one of the FM countries; The second prize is € 2000 and acknowledgment on the FINISH Mondial platforms (social media, website); and The third prize i […]
- FSM5 Update: submissions for Journal of Environmental Management - by: EMary July 13, 2020This attachment is hidden for guests.Please log in or register to see it. Hello Dorothee, It looks like the JEM announcement board has been updated. Please find the call for paper attached here. Have asked the JEM about reposting the announcement. Best, Eva
- Sharing experiences on Inclusive Programming during the COVID-19 Pandemic - by: Chaiwe July 12, 2020Dear Liz, Thank you for your welcome message, it is wonderful to take on such an active role within this great community. I am glad you appreciated my inputs from Zambia. I am equally looking forward to what other inclusive approaches have come about around the world. It goes without saying that this COVID Pandemic has demanded the quickest responses in ma […]
- Story: Leading by example to set sanitation and hygiene standards at a Tanzanian village - by: FrancescaNava July 13, 2020