Leading global health organizations have unveiled a groundbreaking analysis outlining what donors, national governments, and the private sector need to invest to accelerate progress for menstrual health and hygiene (MHH). The report, Making the Case for Investing in Menstrual Health and Hygiene, is part of a growing effort to advance gender equality and contribute to achieving the Sustainable Development Goals.
- FSM6 Announcements and Registration - 6th international faecal sludge management conference, 31 May – 3 June 2021 (online) - by: saluamoussawel March 1, 2021Dear all, Happy to inform you about an interesting challenge on feacal sludge management. FSM6 is organizing a "World Emptying Challenge" in which people are encouraged to send videos on their Pit emptying skills. The winners will receive cash prizes. See the attachment below for more information. This attachment is hidden for guests.Please log i […]
- Understanding Capacity Development Effectiveness : Visioning Change - by: depinder March 1, 2021Capacity Development Effectiveness Ladder Framework : Step 4 of the ladder - visioning change Did the capacity development intervention mature towards providing unique solutions? Was there any concrete visioning of solution(s) that was implemented, or even defined and detailed as proof of concept of the learning aim? The Port Blair city sanitation systems : […]
- STeP, the Sanitation Technology Platform (by RTI for the Gates Foundation) on technology development and commercialization - has ended Feb 2021 - by: Elisabeth March 1, 2021I received the following e-mail yesterday, announcing the end of the STeP website ( http://stepsforsanitation.org/ ) (interesting use of words: "will sunset"): Over the last six years, RTI Innovation Advisors has implemented the Sanitation Technology Platform (STeP) program, in support of the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation's transformativ […]
- Looking for case studies on sanitation and climate change - by: blevira February 28, 2021Dear Chaiwe, As requested... Understanding the Impacts of Short‐Term Climate Variability on Drinking Water Source Quality_ Observations From Three Distinct Climatic Regions in Tanzania.html Cheers,
- Water filter media and systems of granulated ceramics, coated with a small amount of silver - by: blevira February 28, 2021Hello Chaiwe, Yes, such filters have been have been sold to peri urban households in Ifakara and other regions in Tanzania. The efficiency of the filters with regards to bacteria removal and flow rates was tested by WHO with positive results (99% removal). The demand has been so high from communities especially during rainy seasons as most of reliable rural […]
- FSM6 Announcements and Registration - 6th international faecal sludge management conference, 31 May – 3 June 2021 (online) - by: saluamoussawel March 1, 2021