|Live & Learn Environmental Education’s training manual for toilet location and design is now available in English and Bislama! This practical manual contains a training schedule, and step-by-step instructions for the range of issues that need to be considered when a person or family decides to improve their household toilet – including cost, management of solid waste, and potential natural and environmental hazards.|
This publication was supported by the Australian government, through the Civil Society WASH Program.
You can read or download Hazard and Environmental Considerations in Toilet Design resource here.
- Information on cooking stoves and incinerators - by: reidharvey7734 December 1, 2020Hi Richard Kizito, Following is a link to a presentation that was this morning by Zoom, hosted here in Western New York. The same presentation will be next week, December 8th, 10am New York time, incase you're interested. The second link is to a newsletter which includes links on additional background. The insulating rocket stove shown is remarkably […]
- Another milestone - 25 thousand posts - by: paresh December 1, 2020Dear SuSanA members, Happy to bring to your kind attention that we crossed a milestone of 25k posts towards the end of July this year. We currently have 25800+ posts since the forum became operational on 8th July 2011. You can see the updated statistics here The rise (and hopefully a reversal of trend) in the number of posts this year indicates the utility […]
- Ag-nutrition funding opportunity: IMMANA Grants Round 4 - by: sylviaslevy December 1, 2020The Innovative Methods and Metrics for Agriculture and NutritionActions (IMMANA) programme based at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine has launched the Call for Applications for Round 4 of our IMMANA Competitive Research Grants – our final round of funding! Grants will be provided to research projects aimed at accelerating the development […]
- Webinar- Innovative and Evidence-Based Water Initiatives that advance Water Sector Transformation and catalyze Systems Change for improved Gender Equity. What is being done? What more do we need to do? - by: Keitumetse December 1, 2020Dear SuSanA community, SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter in collaboration with the Africa Civil Society Network on Water and Sanitation (ANEW) are excited to share with you that they will host a webinar on the topic: Innovative and evidence-based water initiatives that advance water sector transformation and catalyze systems change for improved gender equity. Q […]
- New Resource: Guidance note on Integrating MHM into Ebola Response - by: caitlingruer November 30, 2020Columbia University has launched a new Guidance Note focused on key considerations related to menstruation and menstrual hygiene management (MHM) during an Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak. It provides streamlined guidance and practical insights for integrating MHM into EVD response. It was informed by a global desk review and key informant interviews wit […]
- Information on cooking stoves and incinerators - by: reidharvey7734 December 1, 2020