The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is launching a new weekly webinar series for IPC in healthcare settings. Speakers from CDC, WHO, and IPC professional societies around the world will focus on practical advice and implementation considerations for IPC for COVID-19. These 90-minute sessions will give equal time for presentations and for answering questions.
IPC professionals, Ministry of Health staff, partner organizations, and any interested healthcare workers are encouraged to participate. Simultaneous translation is available in Arabic, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish. CME credit is also available.
Webinars will be held every Thursday, May 14 – July 30, 2020 | 8:00-9:30am EDT │ 12:00-1:30 UTC
Registration link – https://echo.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_tY840l7cQFiaPnoxXEdTZg
Webinar Series Topics:
• June 4: WASH in healthcare settings in the context of COVID-19
• June 11: Assessing SARS-CoV-2 infection among healthcare workers and inpatients
• June 18: Post-mortem considerations in the context of COVID-19
• June 25: Cleaning and disinfection in the context of COVID-19
• July 2: Limiting the introduction of COVID-19 in healthcare settings
• July 9: Rational use of personal protective equipment and emergency strategies
• July 16: Advice on the use of medical and non-medical masks
• July 23: Considerations for SARI treatment centers
• July 30: IPC in nursing homes and long-term care settings