The Global Handwashing Partnership is excited to share an updated Resources Hub on our website. This is an online, searchable repository of case studies, research and tools for handwashing with soap advocacy and implementation.
- In-Line Chlorinators for Water Treatment: Products and Studies - by: campbelldb February 21, 2019Dear Colleagues: Below is a link to a google document which was compiled by Tufts University and others which has: Links to chlorine dosers and chlorine makers A bibliography of chlorination studies A chart that summarizes the chlorination studies Please let us know if you have other products, manufacturers and studies to add to this list and we hope to upda […]
- Unpacking healthcare waste management at rural village health clinics in the Ntcheu District (Malawi) - by: rochelleholm February 21, 2019You may be interested in our recent paper on waste management in rural healthcare clinics of Malawi. This was research led by one of our master's students at Mzuzu University. Unpacking healthcare waste management at rural village health clinics in the Ntcheu District (Malawi) Madalitso Mmanga, Wales Singini, Veronica Di Bella, Mary Grace Flaherty and R […]
- Onsite greywater treatment for reuse in informal settlements - by: Tendai February 20, 2019Hie Dean My focus is to treat the water for unrestricted irrigation where there is a likely contact of treated water with plants some which may be eaten raw. The treatment system should be compatible with high settlement densities. The process is oriented more towards treatment rather than disposal. Cheers!!
- Onsite greywater treatment for reuse in informal settlements - by: goeco February 20, 2019Hi Tendai, what level of treatment do you require? Although constructed wetlands are an option they could be seen as using a sledge hammer to crack a nut... and not so reusable? Point discharge into a waterway is very different from dispersal to land. Effluent quality can be lower with a larger dispersal field. Do you put more effort into treatment or disper […]
- ANSI Calls on Expert Stakeholders to Participate in ISO Project Committee 318 on Community-Scale Resource-Oriented Sanitation Systems - by: kimgerly February 20, 2019Today, my membership was accepted to the US TAG ISO/PC 318 Community scale resource oriented sanitation treatment systems. My hope is being a part of this working group will afford me more legitimacy to push ahead systems like the one highlighted in the paper I co-authored last year. Community Compost Toilet and Urine Diversion System Using IAPMO WE•Stand © […]
- In-Line Chlorinators for Water Treatment: Products and Studies - by: campbelldb February 21, 2019