The IHUWASH Accelerator India program identifies and supports high-impact WASH business innovations to work with the city governments of Faridabad, Udaipur and Mysuru to solve pressing urban WASH problems. Submissions should focus on one or more of the following urban WASH innovations:
- Safe drinking water
- Last-mile water distribution
- Recovering water supply costs
- Decentralised and improved sanitation solutions
- Improving public/community toilets
- Sustainable faecal waste treatment
- Hygiene behaviour change
Benefits for the selected innovations include opportunities to:
- Roll out small-scale pilots that demonstrate your WASH innovation to governments
- Work directly with key government officials, sector experts and impact investors
- Showcase your innovation through a high visibility nation-wide program
- Raise funds from private sector companies and impact investors
More program details are available here. Applications for the program are now open and they close on 22nd Jan 2018.
IHUWASH is a collaborative initiative between NIUA, Taru, IRC and Ennovent. The three year project is supported by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and aims to improve the performance of urban WASH programs for India within a collaborative framework. Under IHUWASH, national and city-level Innovation Hubs are being established to work closely with the Faridabad, Mysuru and Udaipur city governments along with other national level WASH stakeholders.
The IHUWASH Accelerator builds on the experience of the 2016 Sanitation Innovation Accelerator in which Taru, IRC and Ennovent were also involved.