The FSM-MOOC will be launched on May 1 on Coursera. Please sign up for the course here: https://www.coursera.org/learn/faecal…. In May, all videos of the course will also be available on this YouTube-channel.
- Supertowel: a substitute for soap and running water for handwashing - by: torbenholmlarsen November 16, 2018Dear fellow SuSanA members, As some of you might be aware we have finalized the field study on Supertowel. That concludes the research involved in the HIF development project. There are still a lot of research that we would like to perform on the Supertowel and we are looking at different options how to achieve this. We are however now in the position to off […]
- Registrations closed: World Toilet Day Webinar "WHO guidelines on sanitation and health" - Monday, 19 November 2018, 2:30 - 3:35 PM CET - by: secretariat November 16, 2018Dear all, how great, that we are seeing such a high interest in the webinar! We closed the registrations this morning as the webinar is already full. Due to the high interest, a follow-up webinar is being discussed. For everyone who is not able to register any more, the webinar recordings will be put online shortly after the webinar. Also, the discussions ar […]
- Biogas reactor: does it have an effluent or not? - by: JKMakowka November 16, 2018The settled solids in a biodigester that need infrequent emptying are in my opinion a maintenance issue. Just like you need to replace rubber seals etc. from time to time, it is necessary to remove these solids from time to time. Of course this argument gets much less black/white when talking about fecal sludge from a septic tank, but even there the bigger d […]
- Rainwater for toilet flushing - by: Carol McCreary November 15, 2018Hi JennyKay333, It would be helpful to know where you're from and where you work. (This Forum is a safe space. Most regular users say a bit about themselves in their profiles. ) In 2017, the Water Research Foundation published the “Risk-Based Framework for the Development of Public Health Guidance for Decentralized Non-Potable Water Systems” and offers […]
- Biogas reactor: does it have an effluent or not? - by: dorothee.spuhler November 15, 2018Dear all Thanks to all of you for your valuable contributions and particularly to Lukas for these detailed and useful explanations!!!! The question which we are discussing here has been popping up again and again in this work. The reasons is probably that there is no single answer to it (as demonstrated by this thread). And that is why it is worth to be disc […]
- Supertowel: a substitute for soap and running water for handwashing - by: torbenholmlarsen November 16, 2018