Eco-fuel Africa is a social enterprise determined to eradicate over dependence on wood-fuel in Sub-Saharan Africa by making organic charcoal from agricultural waste. Eco-fuel Africa invented a simple, manual machine that converts agricultural waste into fuel briquettes that burn longer, cleaner and are 20 percent cheaper than wood fuel.
- Desirable, durable, locally built handwashing unit for humanitarian and development settings (Jengu , an opensource blueprint for a robust handwashing unit) - by: Chaiwe December 3, 2020Hello Irene, Thank you for sharing about the 'Jengu' (Catchy name! ). It certainly stands out, I wondered what competitive advantage it really has over the popular 'bucket and tap' handwashing facility? But then again, it is also a matter of preference and appeal, options that the marginalised do not often have. I also took note that co […]
- Improving sanitation and hygiene in Ethiopia during the pandemic - by: Chaiwe December 3, 2020Hello Mbirungi, You might actually find this very interesting. I came on the forum today searching for posts by you. I appreciate that your posts are dedicated to providing inspiring examples of interventions and experiences on the African continent. This is something that I believe other users from the continent can be inspired by with respect to posting. Y […]
- Launch of the SuSanA Africa Regional Chapter on Wednesday 26/08/2020_ Presentations and YouTube recording available! - by: Keitumetse December 3, 2020Dear Djibrila Youssoufa, Thank you for your question. There are 145 members from Cameroon. About the dry toilets, I would advice that you go into the search engine right here in the forum Search (susana.org) where you will find some interesting discussions where dry toilets were a focus, this discussion for example When you hear the term "dry toilet […]
- Webinar: Launching the Guide to Sanitation Resource-Recovery Products & Technologies (Video recording now available) - by: Elisabeth December 3, 2020Hi Daniel, Is the guide available now? The presentation said it would be in the SuSanA library by 19 November but I couldn't find it. Just wondering if I missed its announcement. I mean your "Guide to Sanitation Resource-Recovery Products & Technologies". Regards, Elisabeth
- Covid19 transmission risk factors via toilet with aerosols - by: Elisabeth December 3, 2020I don't think that chlorine solutions should be applied as a "preventative solution" but only as a cleaning agent for surfaces that might be contaminated, right? I can't imagine that the amounts would be so high that it would make a difference in the treated wastewater at the other end of the pipe (or the receiving water body), although I […]
- Desirable, durable, locally built handwashing unit for humanitarian and development settings (Jengu , an opensource blueprint for a robust handwashing unit) - by: Chaiwe December 3, 2020