An inspiring story of a group of children from Sehore in Madhya Pradesh who set off at the crack of dawn to prevent people from defecating in the open using a unique method. See how these young crusaders in the fight against open defecation are inspiring their communities to stop open defecation.
- Rainwater for toilet flushing - by: Jennykay333 November 12, 2018Hi everyone, I'm sure this must have been discussed somewhere on this website but I can not find a thread on it, I'm looking for guidance on whether treatment is required for harvested rainwater for toilet flushing. I guess the requirements very round the world, but a starter guide would be helpful. If you know of existing threads on here or can gi […]
- Reply on - Tamil Nadu Urban Sanitation Support Programme - Phase 2 - by: TNUSSP November 12, 2018Dear Prof. Seshadri, Thank you for your detailed message. Some of your suggestions are useful and we will definitely take it up for discussion internally. Apologies for the delay in replying to your message. Regards Harini
- Designing and building grey water filter for reuse in flush toilets at the tourist hostel in the Carpathian mountains (Ukraine) - by: BPopov November 12, 2018Hi Elisabeth! Thanks for the responce! I suggest upflow design mainly because it seems to allow effective non-pressurized backwashing as opposed to down flow one. This kind of roughing filter had been suggested in many resources like for instance here www.aqsolutions.org/images/2016/12/2000LPD_English.pdf Actually now I am not too sure if zeolite is the best […]
- sewage sludge treatment process - by: toni77 November 12, 2018Dear All, Biological waste from animals such as pigs, cows…has been used to make farm soil richer, but using human waste is a challenge. “How to turn sewage sludge from community to safe fertilizer instead of throwing into rivers which causes pollutant environment” - is the big question of government. In the world, there are many sewage sludge treatment proc […]
- In Tamale (Ghana) we are working on a solid free sewer network in a low-income area - by: muench November 12, 2018Hi Gert, Welcome back to the Forum! In my role as moderator I try to ensure that no post that should be answered is left without an answer... For this reason, I have moved your two posts into this new thread as I think they belong together. You wrote:Where can we find (in Ghana) equipment to serve our purpose. Which equipment do you mean? Do you mean pour fl […]
- Rainwater for toilet flushing - by: Jennykay333 November 12, 2018