An inspiring story of a group of children from Sehore in Madhya Pradesh who set off at the crack of dawn to prevent people from defecating in the open using a unique method. See how these young crusaders in the fight against open defecation are inspiring their communities to stop open defecation.
- Risk-Based Assessment of Impact of Microbial Water Quality on Handwashing - by: tjulian February 18, 2019Hi Everyone, I wanted to share our recent work looking at the impact of microbial water quality on handwashing effectiveness. We were attempting to answer the question: how clean does handwashing water need to be to still provide a benefit? To answer the question, we looked at two scenarios: What is the impact of fecal contamination in handwashing water on t […]
- The need for secondary processing of end products from UDDTs - by: CWendland February 18, 2019Hi KaiMikkel, Just in case you do not know this publication: www.ecosanres.org/pdf_files/Microbial_Ex...logies_&_Systems.pdf I guess the best overview on microbial exposure and hygiene studies. In Annex 7 not a graph but all related literature to UDDT Best regards Claudia
- EU's Controversial "Copyright Directive" aims to censor and sterilize the internet - by: muench February 18, 2019This issue is still not resolved and is still threatening us - people who add content to the internet, such as blog posts, forum posts, Wikipedia articles. James Heilman recently posted on twitter:"Europe looks like they are about to pass laws in Feb of 2019 to try to hand the Internet over to "the legacy companies who used to control movies, music […]
- FAQs about menstrual cups by WoMena (Uganda) - by: muench February 17, 2019That's good! Be bold, start editing. but also be careful, only do little edits at first and save frequently. Stick to the style used in the article to date, do not insert opinions nor "how to" guides, and add reliable sources to any major statements or information you add. If in any doubts, you can also ask on the talk page. Each article has a […]
- The need for secondary processing of end products from UDDTs - by: BatirSain February 17, 2019A UDDT is not necessarily a dry toilet. Water can be added from handwashing or in doses or misdirected urine (it happens). It then can become a composting toilet, particularly with the adding of composting worms and soil fauna... If the container is big enough it can be subject to long term composting. There is data on this, see for example www.compostera.eu […]
- Risk-Based Assessment of Impact of Microbial Water Quality on Handwashing - by: tjulian February 18, 2019