The webinar brought together speakers who presented their perspectives on how we can improve WASH behavior change. First, we learnt about how we can do a better job of leveraging the influence of community leaders to change some of the social and cultural norms that prevent uptake of healthy WASH behaviors. The role of both formal and informal leaders was explored, as well as how to extend this collaboration beyond CLTS to incorporate it more into other WASH approaches.
- Conversion of Leaching Pits into Septic tanks - by: drtkdas47 September 24, 2020If the water table is. Lesser than 2 meter ,then it is advisable to convert /retrofit Single Leach Pit and Septic Tank toilets (when tank is away from toilet structure )to Twin Leach Pit Toilets .When one pit is filled up ,other pit is used and filled up pit is. Left undisturbed for 1-1.5 years ,by which time the fecal sludge gets decomposed to compost .H […]
- FSM toolbox pro assessment not working - by: EMary September 24, 2020Dear Nida, Thank you for your query on the FSMToolbox. It seems that you have used a testing link that was used in Nepal for a pilot study. This version of the toolbox is no longer current and this link has never been promoted for use in public. May I ask how you came across this link? The questionnaire has been updated after multiple field testing to the cu […]
- Recordings for 2020 Rich Earth Virtual Summit: Reclaiming Urine as a Resource - by: RichEarthInstitute September 24, 2020The recordings for our 6th annual summit are now up on our website! View the recordings from the full three days here: richearthinstitute.org/2020-virtual-summit/
- Nigerian journalists broaden their horizons on sanitation and hygiene - by: Mbirungi September 24, 2020"“Photos and videos are excellent when they are used to depict the true state of Sanitation and Hygiene in our communities where there are acute water shortages, poor sanitary conditions and a lack of basic amenities, especially toilets,” That's an interesting perspective of Mr Nelson Owoicho, a seasoned photojournalist who served as one of the tra […]
- Job Opportunity - Independent Review Team Member - by: Mbirungi September 24, 2020Dear SuSanA colleagues, I am happy to share with you the following job opening. The Water Supply and Sanitation Collaborative Council (WSSCC) is evolving into the Sanitation and Hygiene Fund (SHF), a scalable and global Fund to effectively support the world’s poorest and most left behind in achieving sanitation and hygiene, in line with the Sustainable Dev […]
- Conversion of Leaching Pits into Septic tanks - by: drtkdas47 September 24, 2020