The webinar brought together speakers who presented their perspectives on how we can improve WASH behavior change. First, we learnt about how we can do a better job of leveraging the influence of community leaders to change some of the social and cultural norms that prevent uptake of healthy WASH behaviors. The role of both formal and informal leaders was explored, as well as how to extend this collaboration beyond CLTS to incorporate it more into other WASH approaches.
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: TheIntegrator December 13, 2018Hi Kris, Thanks for sharing the study on manufacturing waste plastic to soil bricks. OMG it's so technical Kris! Maybe we will just continue with shredded plastic, cement, and sand. Yesterday we went to our city dump and talked with the scavengers of our intentions to experiment on making latrine rings out of concrete and plastic. They were so happy and […]
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: JKMakowka December 13, 2018Maybe something like this would make sense if you want to utilize a lot of plastic waste: www.ijteee.org/final-print/apr2014/Utili...stic-soil-Bricks.pdf With the right mould you could probably make nice curved interlocking bricks out of the above.
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: TheIntegrator December 13, 2018Hello Glestikow, Very impressive and practical design! Thanks for sharing. I understand we don't need reinforcing bars to strengthen the lining? I don't know if adding shredded plastic trash to the mixture would weaken the structure? If this will work, surely we could help lessen the volume of garbage dumped in our city landfill. Thank you so much […]
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: TheIntegrator December 13, 2018Dear Kris, Thanks so much for sharing your time to reply. You're correct, the above link you shared offers not much information and more on holding water rather on fecal sludge. We've seen on TV of people making bricks out of trash for building homes, maybe we can also design one for latrine rings. Visited our city dump scavengers today and they wi […]
- Your opportunity to secure and shape the future of the Discussion Forum - by: neilpw December 13, 2018Dear Elisabeth, Thank you for organising people's responses under headings. This is really helpful for us all to have an overview of the discussion so far. I would like to ask a bit more about organisational structure and finance. With regards to organisational structure, I understand that SuSanA is currently a GIZ project and the Sphaera report recomme […]
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: TheIntegrator December 13, 2018