The webinar brought together speakers who presented their perspectives on how we can improve WASH behavior change. First, we learnt about how we can do a better job of leveraging the influence of community leaders to change some of the social and cultural norms that prevent uptake of healthy WASH behaviors. The role of both formal and informal leaders was explored, as well as how to extend this collaboration beyond CLTS to incorporate it more into other WASH approaches.
- Films on Drinking Water Issues from India - by: nityajacob March 23, 2019Dear members, We are sharing a series of short award-winning films on drinking water, Kallola 2019. These have been shared by UNICEF Odisha. Please take a little time to watch and comment. They handle rural drinking water issues in a beautiful, sensitive manner. Each week we will share two of these 12 films for your information. The first two are: GUDDI- 1ST […]
- UNHYGIENIC TOILET IN GIRL'S SECONDARY SCHOOL - by: kocsy March 22, 2019We marked WORLD WATER DAY 2019 with a dialogue meeting with teachers/staff of Government Girls Secondary School, Kigo Road, Kaduna. The meeting talked basically on the need for clean and safe water at school for drinking, Sanitation and Hygiene. It laid emphasis on the role teachers/school management plays in maintaining facilities/infrastructure provided by […]
- WASH Modules - by: amita March 22, 2019Dear Members, Thanks so much for your feedback. We are reviewing the resource material and will upload the slightly revised content in about 3-4 weeks time.
- WASH and health working together: A ‘how-to’ guide for Neglected Tropical Disease programmes - by: secretariat March 21, 2019Hi Everyone, below you will find an edited transcript of the questions and answers discussed during the webinar. I hope this helps to continue the conversation on the topic. - - - - - Enkhee: Has the WHO Toolkit been tested in any country? • Yael Velleman: I wouldn't say we've used the entire toolkit in one country it's more that the different […]
- Films on Drinking Water Issues from India - by: nityajacob March 23, 2019