The webinar brought together speakers who presented their perspectives on how we can improve WASH behavior change. First, we learnt about how we can do a better job of leveraging the influence of community leaders to change some of the social and cultural norms that prevent uptake of healthy WASH behaviors. The role of both formal and informal leaders was explored, as well as how to extend this collaboration beyond CLTS to incorporate it more into other WASH approaches.
- Composting toilets do not produce compost - true or false? And is "composting toilet" a misnomer? - by: muench July 23, 2019Hi all, It's been an interesting discussion so far. I am still keen to work on the definition issue a bit further and the best place to do that is on Wikipedia, I think. There is a separate thread for that here: forum.susana.org/discussions-about-speci...e-on-wikipedia#27525 . So anyone who wants to help spread useful, objective, verifiable information […]
- Which composting toilet to choose - recommendations, please? - by: joeturner July 21, 2019I'm not sure why you think I'm disagreeing with any of that. If faeces composting does not consistently reach 55 degrees, secondary treatment is necessary. Dry vaults below toilets might well have various advantages. But the one thing we can be sure about is that in places where pathogens are endemic (especially where healthcare is difficult), low […]
- Which composting toilet to choose - recommendations, please? - by: Ronniedeb July 20, 2019Hi Joe, I think, if we are very technical, All dry toilet systems, of which there are many, facilitate composting to some degree. This does not always result in a beautiful, fully stabilised, sanitised "compost" except in the case of the very sophisticated BioR21 type, which carries-out 100% aerobic composting, but then also uses quite a lot of ele […]
- Processing Biowaste with Black Soldier Fly Larvae - A Practical "Operational" Guide - by: JKMakowka July 19, 2019Some interesting press coverage of recent commercial BSFL use: www.scmp.com/magazines/post-magazine/lon...protein-small-carbon
- Reply: Holistic Water and Sanitation Project - by: Gordwin July 19, 2019Greetings , Many thanks for your brief on Holistic water and sanitation project. As a project developer in areas linked around sustainable development goals, i am excited to inform you about my interest in collaborating with you on this project. Your experience and expertise in actualizing this project will improve many lives of people in marginalized commun […]
- Composting toilets do not produce compost - true or false? And is "composting toilet" a misnomer? - by: muench July 23, 2019