The webinar brought together speakers who presented their perspectives on how we can improve WASH behavior change. First, we learnt about how we can do a better job of leveraging the influence of community leaders to change some of the social and cultural norms that prevent uptake of healthy WASH behaviors. The role of both formal and informal leaders was explored, as well as how to extend this collaboration beyond CLTS to incorporate it more into other WASH approaches.
- Documentation of SuSanA Working Group 5 meeting at World Water Week 2019 in Stockholm - by: muench January 29, 2020Hi Daniel, About that SuSanA Wiki page that you mentioned, that's actually an abandoned initiative (I was always against it; my experience is that Wikis with small numbers of editors and viewers doesn't work; you need loads, like on Wikipedia). I am surprised that the URL link still exists ( www.susana.org/en/susana-wiki - it goes to an empty page) […]
- Advice on pumps for urine pumping from UD flush toilets and urinals - by: muench January 29, 2020Hi Bogdan, I came across some information on pumps for urine pumping in a recent report from Rich Earth Institute in the US. Maybe you have seen their interesting publication already but if not, I'd like to bring it to your attention: Atlee, J., Noe-Hays, A., Nace, K., Schreiber, T., Davis, A., Lally, C., Dotson, S. (2019). Guide to Starting a Community […]
- WASH & Neglected Tropical Diseases: Water Currents, January 2020 - by: campbelldb January 29, 2020Dear Colleagues: The January 28, 2020 issue of Water Currents updates the May 2019 NTD issue with links to 20+ just-published studies on dengue, schistosomiasis, soil-transmitted helminth infections, and trachoma as well as links to USAID NTD resources. Link to the complete issue .
- The contribution of unroofed superstructure to the filling rate of the pit latrine - by: blevira January 29, 2020Hello Elizabeth and the team, I actually did not find any information regarding the matter from the existing publications!. However, after a close interview and observation from the existing HHs with unroofed pit latrines here in Dar es Salaam, my observation was that unroofing might contribute very little in accelerating feeling up of the pit. The reason be […]
- Low cost innovative technologies for Pit Emptying - by: willychipeta January 29, 2020Hello Amin, Thank you for your inquiry. The research into development of pit emptying technologies went through several phases (4) and testing on muddy slurry. It included using treadle pump technology as a base and thereafter gulper pump modification with the focus on improvong user ergonomics. See journal publication based on my research thesis: dx.doi.org […]
- Documentation of SuSanA Working Group 5 meeting at World Water Week 2019 in Stockholm - by: muench January 29, 2020