ABSTRACT: The UK’s Public Works Loans Board was a mechanism through which local government could access low-cost loans through central government. It played a key role in water and sanitation improvements in the UK between the 1870s and the 1980s. Until very recently, it remained a major vehicle for central-to-local government lending in the UK, and it has been a valuable template for many similar systems worldwide. This Finance Brief outlines the history of this body, still very relevant as a model today.
- The Nano Membrane Toilet (Cranfield University, UK) - latest results and publications since 2016 - by: AParker April 24, 2019We've had a few publications from the Nano Mmebrane Toilet team recently but I think this one will be particularly interesting to the SuSanA audience: The Nano Membrane Toilet needs a waterless flush to reduce the amount oif loiquif that needs to be processed subsequhnekly. A prototype was tested in a semi-public, institutional setting and in selected p […]
- Internship at the GIZ sector programme Sustainable Sanitation and the SuSanA Secretariat (3 months) - by: secretariat April 24, 2019Dear SuSanA member, The GIZ sector programme Sustainable Sanitation is currently looking for a motivated intern to support the sector programme and the Sustainable Sanitation Alliance (SuSanA) Secretariat in Eschborn, Germany. Assignment period: 17/06/2019- 16/06/2019 Application deadline: 02/05/2019 Vacancy details and application submission: jobs.giz.de/in […]
- Links to Key Emergency WASH Websites, Online Guides and Other Resources - by: campbelldb April 24, 2019Dear Colleagues: Links to each of the resources below are posted on Sanitation Updates . We have set up a shared google doc of key Emergency WASH resources to monitor for new reports, studies, webinars, upcoming events, etc. Please review and let us know if you have additional resources that should be added. Emergency WASH Websites, Online Guides and Other R […]
- Announcing the Sanitation Economy Summit - Nov 19-21 in Pune India with the Toilet Board Coalition - by: knezovich April 24, 2019Join global business, investor and policy leaders who are building the MULTI-BILLION DOLLAR SANITATION ECONOMY More than toilets and pipes, future sanitation systems are being re-valued for abundant resources and data that have been virtually untapped. Water Security, Sustainable Agriculture, Renewable Energy, Smart Cities, Digital Health - the Sanitation Ec […]
- PhD position available at the PRG-UKZN (Durban, South Africa) - by: SeptienS April 24, 2019Dear Mohamed, You can still apply for the position. The details for application can be seen in the advertisement of the position (attached in the post). NOTE THAT THE APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION CLOSE AT THE END OF THIS WEEK. AFTER THIS DATE, WE WILL NOT RECEIVE ANY MORE APPLICATIONS. Kindly, Santiago
- The Nano Membrane Toilet (Cranfield University, UK) - latest results and publications since 2016 - by: AParker April 24, 2019