Published on May 3, 2013 – “Making connections: Women, sanitation and health” took place on 29th April 2013 at London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM). It was convened by LSHTM and WaterAid as partners of the SHARE Research Consortium. The event brought together a diverse mix of academics, journalists, practitioners and activists from the WASH, gender and health sectors to present and debate critical issues on linking gender, sanitation and health including violence against women and girls, maternal health and menstrual hygiene.
- Earthworm - by: fppirco December 16, 2018Hi, I have been asking question about earthworms species identification ( attached photo) but I have not received any respond yet . I need assistance for fist)identification these earthworm, second ) guideline for identification earthworm classification , Third ) anyone has experience about earthworm application in medicine ? It will be appreciate if will fo […]
- Re: UUDT's in Zambia - for school in Ndola, in the Copperbelt region of Zambia - by: muench December 16, 2018Hi Tim, I was just wondering how things are going with your school toilets in Ndola (Zambia)? Did your project go ahead? Did it succeed or fail? In either case, do let us know about your learnings from this initiative? All the best, Elisabeth
- Safely managed sanitation in public hammams? - by: ALLINDIA2004 December 15, 2018There are three main ways to meet the criteria for having a safely managed sanitation service. People should use improved sanitation facilities which are not shared with other households, and the excreta produced should either be: 1. treated and disposed in situ, 2. stored temporarily and then emptied and transported to treatment off-site, or 3. transported […]
- ISO 30500 standard published (Reinvented Toilet Standard Development project by TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific Pte Ltd) - by: erkkisantala December 15, 2018Dear Mei Yee, it was interesting to read that the ISO 30500 standard has already been published. I did not notice your previous message from November in this website because I do not regularly follow other forum categories than "Sanitation systems". I have not yet bought the right to read the whole standard but I am sure it is worth reading, especi […]
- An Emergency WASH Update, December 14, 2018 - by: campbelldb December 14, 2018Dear Colleagues: Links to the full-text of each of the items below can be found on Sanitation Updates . Please let us know if you have specific Emergency WASH topics that we can feature in upcoming Emergency WASH updates. Emergency WASH Update – December 14, 2018 Blog Posts Where are the evidence gaps in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector? Evidence Mat […]
- Earthworm - by: fppirco December 16, 2018