Innovative monitoring tools such as the Qualitative Information System (QIS), sanitation ladders and SenseMaker® are being used in a programme that seeks to provide sustainable sanitation and hygiene services to almost 55 million people in Bangladesh.
- Sustainable Sanitation Practice Journal Number 27 - by: Langergraber January 22, 2019From October 2009 until April 2016, the Sustainable Sanitation Practice (SSP) journal was published quarterly. During this period, 26 issues have been produced. Between 2016 and 2018, several more issues were planned but due to the fact that promised contributions were not submitted, these issues could not been published. But finally, here is the new Issue 2 […]
- My Trash, My Treasure - increasing participation mainly in recycling? - by: muench January 22, 2019Dear Beda, If you have an interest in solid waste management and recycling then I recommend to you that you go to this sub-category on the forum which deals with solid waste management: forum.susana.org/208-solid-waste-management In those forum threads (they span over two pages by now) you'll find many ideas about current topics and approaches. In gener […]
- Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) in Correctional Facilities (Prisons) Is A Neglected Human Right. - by: muench January 22, 2019Further information that I received via e-mail (from a government agency employee who prefers to stay anonymous): ++++++++ Here is a link to a paper about a cholera outbreak at a psychiatric hospital that was published some time ago (the paper is available for free): www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4559692/ Nosocomial Cholera Outbreak in a Mental Hospit […]
- SuSanA Library now has a map with 1266 location pins - by: muench January 22, 2019Hi, I also like the new map function for the library entries very much. Hajrah and I split the task and each added the pins for about 600 library entries - it took us several months to do this but it was worth it, I think! Looking at the density of pins for the map you can see where a lot of the sanitation work that is being reported on is taking place: Main […]
- SuSanA Library now has a map with 1266 location pins - by: neilpw January 22, 2019Dear Hajrah and Franziska Congratulations! This is a wonderful new tool for SuSanA, and is very easy to use. One can even apply a combined filter for refined search. And one can do text searches. One small refinement could be to allow text searches on Title versus Abstract/summary versus Fulltext. This approach could also be replicated to create a map displa […]
- Sustainable Sanitation Practice Journal Number 27 - by: Langergraber January 22, 2019