Dr. Jay Graham of George Washington University was in Bangladesh and compiled a photo album of his visit at the link below:
- An Emergency WASH Update, December 14, 2018 - by: campbelldb December 14, 2018Dear Colleagues: Links to the full-text of each of the items below can be found on Sanitation Updates . Please let us know if you have specific Emergency WASH topics that we can feature in upcoming Emergency WASH updates. Emergency WASH Update – December 14, 2018 Blog Posts Where are the evidence gaps in the water, sanitation and hygiene sector? Evidence Mat […]
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: TheIntegrator December 13, 2018Hi Kris, Thanks for sharing the study on manufacturing waste plastic to soil bricks. OMG it's so technical Kris! Maybe we will just continue with shredded plastic, cement, and sand. Yesterday we went to our city dump and talked with the scavengers of our intentions to experiment on making latrine rings out of concrete and plastic. They were so happy and […]
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: JKMakowka December 13, 2018Maybe something like this would make sense if you want to utilize a lot of plastic waste: www.ijteee.org/final-print/apr2014/Utili...stic-soil-Bricks.pdf With the right mould you could probably make nice curved interlocking bricks out of the above.
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: TheIntegrator December 13, 2018Hello Glestikow, Very impressive and practical design! Thanks for sharing. I understand we don't need reinforcing bars to strengthen the lining? I don't know if adding shredded plastic trash to the mixture would weaken the structure? If this will work, surely we could help lessen the volume of garbage dumped in our city landfill. Thank you so much […]
- Pit latrine liners - documented examples - by: TheIntegrator December 13, 2018Dear Kris, Thanks so much for sharing your time to reply. You're correct, the above link you shared offers not much information and more on holding water rather on fecal sludge. We've seen on TV of people making bricks out of trash for building homes, maybe we can also design one for latrine rings. Visited our city dump scavengers today and they wi […]
- An Emergency WASH Update, December 14, 2018 - by: campbelldb December 14, 2018