November 19th is World Toilet Day and this issue of the WASHplus Weekly contains links to World Toilet Day websites and recent studies and articles on communal sanitation issues. Communal or public sanitation is an important WASH issue, especially in high-density slums with a high proportion of tenants and/or frequent flooding and water-logging. The financing and sustainable management of communal/ public toilets is challenging. Please contact WASHplus if you have information to add to this or other topics for future issues of the Weekly.
- Re: Solicitation for Manual Pump Testing Partners - by: awhitesell August 15, 2018Hi Alice, While I was contracted by the foundation, lab and field testing identified a couple failure modes that were deemed critical. After my contract ended, the foundation continued with the development but I don't have any insights into what has been accomplished. You will need to contact the foundation for more details. I have been working on a new […]
- Lining unlined pit latrines - by: muench August 15, 2018Dear Alice, In my role as moderator I have moved your post into this existing thread. If you scroll up you'll see some responses to a similar question that Esther had posed. Please let us know if you find the information provided useful and if you have follow-up questions. Also, if you find more pit lining options yourself, please do share them in this […]
- The Emergency WASH Google Group - by: campbelldb August 15, 2018Dear Colleagues: The August 15, 2018 biweekly update of the Emergency WASH Google Group has: - new member updates - updates from the Global WASH Cluster - recent Emergency WASH publications - upcoming training events The biweekly update is posted on Sanitation Updates .
- Lining unlined pit latrines - by: AliceCellamare August 15, 2018Hello everybody, does anyone know about any work that has been done about possible techniques for tranforming an unlined pit into a lined one? Did anyone try to do so? What challenges were encountered and what was done in the end? I will be grateful for any (also indirectly correlated) information. Greetings, Alice
- Flushless toilets in Australia - by: mutua August 15, 2018May you share experience on how these flushless toilets may be used at a large scale in an urban setting and especially from the point of view of public sector management ? How accessible would they be in terms of cost and acquisition by an interested individual ?
- Re: Solicitation for Manual Pump Testing Partners - by: awhitesell August 15, 2018