This WASHplus Weekly contains 2010 and 2011 resources about water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH) issues in disaster or emergency situations. Please contact WASHplus if you have new or upcoming resources to add to this for future issues. Some of the resources in this Weekly include updates of WHO technical notes for WASH in emergencies, the 2011 SPHERE manual on WASH standards, links to USAID and other relevant websites.
- Large capacity clivus multrum for national park in Colombia - by: barryfishir April 21, 2019Hi Bjorn Thank you for mentioning our Bio Toilet from Ireland in your discussion. We carried out a successful trial in Ireland second busiest forestry park last summer 2018 at peak times multiple hundreds of visitors and users of our Bio Toilet per day. The largest of our systems can cope with over a thousand uses per day based on (roughly) 80% urine 20 % so […]
- Tamil Nadu Urban Sanitation Support Programme (TNUSSP) -Technical Support Unit - by: AjitSeshadri April 21, 2019Dear TNUSSP Rep. My well wishes to your program and remain sustained for community benefit. At the outset of your intention on Phs 1 and 2, suggest you have all initiatives 1. To make use of wastes as resources. Viz. Re use water ex effluent from wwtp for secondary uses- industrial water, irrigation for agrivfarms, urban parks and gardens. Solid sludges co c […]
- Large capacity clivus multrum for national park in Colombia - by: KaiMikkel April 21, 2019The basic "mouldering" toilet is used in various parks and natural areas in the U.S. and Canada. The "Backcountry Sanitation Manual " details the technology and may be helpful in finding examples of various installations.
- Large capacity clivus multrum for national park in Colombia - by: RubenA April 20, 2019Bjorn: Thanks for sharing your experiencs. One place that comes to mind is the Bronx Zoo. They have CM toilets for the visitors. Here is the link: www.clivusmultrum.com/green-building-bronx.php Regards, Rubén Abruña
- Reply: Urine Disposal - by: DaveBates April 20, 2019If there is urinary schistosomiasis in hte community, the answer will be different. -- *David A. Bates*
- Large capacity clivus multrum for national park in Colombia - by: barryfishir April 21, 2019