Sanitation marketing is a field that applies social and commercial marketing approaches to scale up the supply and demand for improved sanitation facilities. This WASHplus Weekly lists some of the most recent publications and websites on sanitation marketing. Included are a new toolkit with videos and reports from the Water and Sanitation Program, lessons learned on sanitation marketing in Uganda by PLAN Uganda and other resources.
- ISO 30500 standard published (Reinvented Toilet Standard Development project by TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific Pte Ltd) - by: TuvSudWS November 19, 2018Dear all, Today I would like to introduce another project to you that I have lead here at TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific Pte Ltd in Singapore. It was funded by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Its main achievement was the publication of the ISO 30500 standard in October this year. The standard's full title is: "Non-sewered sanitation systems -- Prefa […]
- Shitty Gifts - by: DavidAlan November 17, 2018Dear all, here we all are on the eve of WTD and we are doing a ‘soft launch’ of a new awareness and fundraising scheme called Shitty Gifts. The idea is simple, send an e-card to a friend or friends on a sanitation related theme and make a donation at the same time. The reason it is a soft launch is that not all of the cards are ready. You will see that we ha […]
- First ever global guidelines on sanitation and health by World Health Organization (WHO) - by: sboisson November 16, 2018Don’t forget to join the webinar on Monday 19 Nov! If you are unable to join, you will be able to access a recording here (link to follow). We will meet on the forum shortly after the webinar where we will open discussions on the following themes: 1. Evidence on sanitation and health 2. Safe toilets access and use 3. Safe sanitation chain 4. Health sector ro […]
- WG9: Please join the Honour Our Cleaners Campaign! - by: spandan29 November 16, 2018Thank For your message
- Rainwater for toilet flushing - by: Decentral November 16, 2018Dear All participants, My comment is related to the documents as posted by Carol. The suggested train treatment is for black water and it is very complex and advanced. It is doubtful if it would be sustainable for the vast majority of cases. Unfortunately, there is no recommendation for treatment regarding storm/roof water, except requirements for bacteria. […]
- ISO 30500 standard published (Reinvented Toilet Standard Development project by TÜV SÜD Asia Pacific Pte Ltd) - by: TuvSudWS November 19, 2018