This document sets out a framework for the enhancement of sanitation services in low-income countries. It is intended primarily to guide WaterAid country programmes as they determine their own context-specific sanitation strategies, but it is hoped that it will also be of value to other organisations which are involved in improving sanitation. The scope of the document spans both rural and urban contexts, but it does not specifically address the important topic of hygiene improvement. This will be the subject of a future WaterAid framework document. A further framework for WaterAid’s urban work is in the final stage of publication. This Sanitation framework is fully consistent with, and builds on, WaterAid’s Sanitation Guidelines (April 2008) which were initially developed at a conference in Livingstone, Zambia, in May 2006. [authors abstract]
- Large capacity clivus multrum for national park in Colombia - by: barryfishir April 21, 2019Hi Bjorn Thank you for mentioning our Bio Toilet from Ireland in your discussion. We carried out a successful trial in Ireland second busiest forestry park last summer 2018 at peak times multiple hundreds of visitors and users of our Bio Toilet per day. The largest of our systems can cope with over a thousand uses per day based on (roughly) 80% urine 20 % so […]
- Tamil Nadu Urban Sanitation Support Programme (TNUSSP) -Technical Support Unit - by: AjitSeshadri April 21, 2019Dear TNUSSP Rep. My well wishes to your program and remain sustained for community benefit. At the outset of your intention on Phs 1 and 2, suggest you have all initiatives 1. To make use of wastes as resources. Viz. Re use water ex effluent from wwtp for secondary uses- industrial water, irrigation for agrivfarms, urban parks and gardens. Solid sludges co c […]
- Large capacity clivus multrum for national park in Colombia - by: KaiMikkel April 21, 2019The basic "mouldering" toilet is used in various parks and natural areas in the U.S. and Canada. The "Backcountry Sanitation Manual " details the technology and may be helpful in finding examples of various installations.
- Large capacity clivus multrum for national park in Colombia - by: RubenA April 20, 2019Bjorn: Thanks for sharing your experiencs. One place that comes to mind is the Bronx Zoo. They have CM toilets for the visitors. Here is the link: www.clivusmultrum.com/green-building-bronx.php Regards, Rubén Abruña
- Reply: Urine Disposal - by: DaveBates April 20, 2019If there is urinary schistosomiasis in hte community, the answer will be different. -- *David A. Bates*
- Large capacity clivus multrum for national park in Colombia - by: barryfishir April 21, 2019